Veterinary Technician: Full or Part Time
Monday through Friday, No evenings or weekends
Animal Dental Clinic in Vienna, VA is looking for a self-motivated, hardworking Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) to join our team. ADC is one of the few animal dentistry and oral surgery specialty clinics in the DC metro area. Our goal is to ensure every animal we treat has a healthy and pain free mouth. We are looking for an LVT to assist our growing practice. Having previous dental experience is a plus, but not necessary. Animal Care Duties
- Provide compassionate, humane care to the animals both pre- and post-op
- Collect blood samples as necessary and run appropriate in-house lab tests (knowledge of IDEXX lab equipment helpful)
- Assist in inventory of medical supplies
- Ensure medications are stored and administered in accordance with Virginia law
- Place IV catheters, give injections and monitor patients under general anesthesia
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted and to stand or kneel for periods of time
- Surgery: surgical prep, doctor assistance, sterilize and maintain all surgical instruments and/or equipment and surgical room
- Anesthesia: induction, maintenance, monitoring, and recovery
- Various housekeeping duties
1 to 3 years working in a clinical setting Requirements for this position are as follows:
- Must be currently licensed or able to be licensed as a veterinary technician in the Commonwealth of Virginia, OR in the last year of a certified veterinary technician program.
- Possess excellent skills in anesthesia, written/verbal communication, and record keeping.
- Have a positive and compassionate attitude.
- Work well independently and as a team member.
- Be honest, reliable, and a strong leader.
- Willingness to learn
The ideal candidate will be an energetic individual with one to three years of veterinary experience
. Experience in small animal anesthesia is a plus.
Compensation package is commensurate with experience and skill level ($16 – 30/hour). Paid holidays, CE, Personal Time Off (PTO), performance and longevity bonuses, health insurance compensation, and 401K benefits for full time. Option for 4-day workweek possible.
Paid time off between Christmas and New Years Day.
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls, please.